Sunday, June 23, 2013

Coffee Artist Trainer

Is it true, as our moms always told us when we were little, that playing with food is bad? Or is it, maybe, part of the fun things that come with the freedom of adulthood?

Either way, people seem to be inclining to the latter. Lately, I’ve been seeing many pictures on the Internet about people making drawings inside cups of coffee. Whether it is making a simple shape or a complex portrait, they really seem to enjoy playing with their coffees.

I thought it was fun and started to think about getting into it, but it really left me wondering how many cups of coffee people had to waste before getting the perfect drawing. And since the kind of coffee you need as a canvas to make a really nice drawing needs to be particularly foamy and delicious-looking, it made me question if they are actually going to restaurants and ordering massive amounts of coffee to achieve perfection in their art. If this was the case, I would need to spend hundreds of dollars just in materials to become the ultimate coffee artist. There had to be a better way.

Sure, I could go and learn the ways of the coffee masters and after years, maybe even millenniums of trial and error, begin successfully making crafty, steamy and delicious cups of coffee. But for the most of us, savvy-but-not-that-masterful coffee fans, doing so can be quite a hassle. Fortunately, turns out there are easier ways.

This is when I found what I later begun calling my personal Coffee Artist Trainer. It’s a wonderful espresso machine, capable of producing the perfect canvas I needed to go full Picasso. And since the coffee comes out really tasty, I found myself drinking my pieces of art more often than I would like to admit.

So I set up the machine in my home kitchen and started practicing while instantly becoming the family favorite, as it was me who begun serving everyone their morning coffee. Eventually word got out about this to my office and they bought me an espresso machine too so I could continue on my path to become a true master coffee artist. Or maybe they just wanted me to make them their morning coffee too…?

Anyway, I wonder what would happen if everyone knew about this Coffee Artist Trainer. Would more people be encouraged to follow such a wonderful path? Would more moms be upset about their kids playing with food?

No comments: